Pros and Cons of Six Progressive Liberal Laws in the Democrat States
The state continues to have a massive exodus because of lawlessness. Chicago, where crimes continue to surge, is not far behind.
1. California’s Rent Control Law
- It helps the poor get by.
- Studies do not show strong evidence rent control helps to reduce the number of low-income households. Instead, it causes housing shortages that reduce low-income people to live in the city for better jobs. [CAANET]
- It deters new housing constructions, giving rise to homelessness because homes become expensive. [ALEC]
2. Green Deal pushed by Democrats
- Solar homes and cars promote cleaner air.
- When California required home builders to install solar panels on all new homes, it made housing even more expensive.
- With expensive homes, old or new, many were forced to live in their car or tent.
- California’s rising rents and housing shortage fuel homelessness. [NBC]
- New York’s required energy-efficient upgrades in buildings affected low-income renters. [SA]
3. Liberal States Sanctuary Cities
- It helps “illegal immigrants” get jobs and benefits such as housing, food, and education.
- Although liberal ACLU says illegal immigrants do not take away jobs from American workers, they compete with locals for jobs and other benefits, and there is proof. [WP]
- Gangs and syndicated crime increase: Border states deal with more illegal immigrant crime than most, data suggest. [Fox]
- Illegal immigrants were not screened for mental and health safety and are roaming free in sanctuary cities. Sanctuary cities ignore the public health issue. [TN]
- Chris Cabrera, a Border Patrol agent spokesman in 2015, warned: “We are starting to see scabies, chickenpox, methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections, and different viruses.”
4. Enabling safe drugs & sex education
- Young children learn to use a condom.
- Drug users no longer share syringes.
- Young children discover and are more prone to engage in sex at a young age.
- You can buy a hypodermic syringe without a prescription in California, encouraging its use for illegal drugs.
- It has also caused dangerous litter around tent cities, where they are often found as garbage.
- Drug users do it more openly and blatantly, as “drug syringes” are given free by the state. [SFC]
5. Gender Affirming Care
- Gender-affirming care, such as puberty blockers, will help reduce suicide risk among transgenders.
6. Higher Tax in Democrat States
- Enables local government to spend more.
- Businesses are forced to leave highly taxed Democrat states. New York, California, and Illinois have had a massive exodus, especially during the 2020 pandemic. [Hoover]
Democrat politicians create policies that decriminalize prostitution and drug users. They’ve also expunged criminal records, gotten rid of bail, and defunded or reduced the police budget to support BLM demands.