CSULA discriminates against conservative Ben Shapiro for “Diversity Becomes A Problem” topic
CSULA bans Ben Shapiro
In 2016, a group of California State University Los Angeles (CSULA) students decided to bring in conservative speaker Ben Shapiro to discuss diversity titled “Diversity Becomes A Problem.”
However, it was met by an angry mob of liberal students and professors — and received no support from university officials, reported Daily Wire. They were offended by Shapiro’s take on diversity.
According to Shapiro, these students’ first amendment rights were violated because of their conservative opinions.
DePaul University bans Shapiro
In 2023, Young Americans for Freedom vice chairman John Minster reported that school administrators of DePaul University are once again censoring conservatives by barring political speaker Ben Shapiro from its campus, according to The Daily Wire.
The hatred for Ben Shapiro, a Jewish conservative activist, has been met with scorn and ridicule, particularly by left-liberal students.
American Universities are filled with angry neo-Marxists
Clinical psychologist Jordan Peterson says teachers and professors teach students a dangerous liberal ideology. On the campus of CSULA, students became violent to prevent Ben Shapiro from speaking:
- Some activists tore down flyers promoting the (free) speech.
- Others threatened violence if the speech went forward.
- One professor challenged the student organizer to a fight.
- Far-left students labeled Shapiro a “Racist, Fascist, Homophobe.”
- Protesters threatened violence and disruption.
- A mob of angry students and professors barricaded the entrance to the auditorium, shouting, “No violence.” Someone even turned on the “Fire Alarm” and shut the light off.
Shapiro’s topic, “When diversity becomes a problem.”
Ben Shapiro’s topics range from why limited government is essential; to individual freedom, traditional values, and free enterprise. Using data, Shapiro explains why diversity becomes a problem, significantly when it impinges on individual rights.
- Specific values are better than other values.
- Fundamental values are not equal.
- Fairness of outcome is designed to abolish responsibility.
- Left-Liberals want to blame the (government) system; Right-Conservatives say we must be responsible for our actions. [Difference between Republicans and Democrats]
In 2022, conservative book author and associate of Ben Shapiro, Matt Walsh, was scheduled to speak at the University of Wisconsin-Superior.
Some students were upset over the planned Q&A event and accused the administration of allowing “hatred” on the campus. The event was sponsored by Young America Foundation (YAF).