Left-Democrat’s Equality Act of 2021, legitimizing immorality in the American society, says conservative author
Dutch Sheets, executive director of Christ for the Nations Institute, posted on Facebook how the Equality Act (HB5) will affect religious conservatives. The bill is not really about “equality” but SOGI (Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity).
A well-funded, powerful movement that is legalizing intimidation by attaching gender identity language to legislation—even those that should have nothing to do with this concept.
1. It will force Christians to go against their conscience
The SOGI language supports and validates LGBTQ lifestyles. It forces the overwhelming majority of the nation to treat this as a preferred and “protected class.”
By creating this “protected class” they are also elevating SOGI beyond equal treatment to a civil right. Special protections for LGBTQ will trump the rights of other people.
What Equality Act means for religious Americans:
- Christian schools and daycares may be forced to hire LGBTQ employees (who do not share their beliefs).
- It will stifle the religious freedom of Christian businesses. For example, Jack Philips was bullied by a gay couple who brought him to court for respectfully declining to bake a “gay cake.”
- Parents may not be able to refuse hormone treatments for gender-confused children. For example, young James Younger may transition at a young age.
- Women’s sports, feminists’ rights, and meninism compromised and bullied into submission. In 2019, Boy Scouts of America began accepting girls.
- It encourages permissive and casual same-sex among young people.
2. It’s all about coercion, undermining Christian liberty
The Civil Rights Act of 1964 states that there shall be no discrimination of a person based on their “race, color, national origin, sex, and religion.“ However, the Equality Act of 2021 jeopardizes these rights.
“In the USA, people who identify as LGBT are free to live as they want. But SOGI laws, including FFA [Freedom for All], are not about freedom— they are about coercion.
SOGI and FFA are about forcing all Americans to embrace—and live out—certain beliefs about human sexuality.”
3. It is forcing all Americans to live under their beliefs, their choices, and their reality
The Equality Act jeopardizes women’s privacy and safety: The Equality Act’s expansion of the Title II “Public Accommodations” definition means that females would no longer have privacy in public bathrooms, locker rooms, showers, or even battered women’s shelters.
State, local laws fallout, and people losing their rights because of the Equality Act
- A boy in her school bathroom assaulted a kindergartener.
- A rape survivor was forced to quit her job when her employer began allowing men into women’s private facilities.
- A man was allowed residence in a women’s shelter, and nine women are suing because they were sexually harassed.
- The Equality Act unfairly penalizes female athletes by allowing biological men to compete in women’s sports. The Equality Act would undermine real civil rights gains women have made.
- The Equality Act would interfere with the medical profession. It would force doctors and others who provide legitimate hormone treatments and surgical procedures for patients with certain physical conditions to offer those treatments for individuals with gender dysphoria.
- The Equality Act could erode parental rights. When Ohio parents declined hormone treatment for their child, the Children’s Hospital of Cincinnati involved child protective services. The parents lost parental rights.
- The Equality Act would severely erode religious freedom. The Equality Act expressly exempts itself from the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA), our flagship religious liberty law.
- The Equality Act’s expansion of public accommodations could require churches and houses of worship to violate their beliefs regarding how they use their facilities. Its changes to employment law would prohibit some worship houses from ensuring their clergy and employees abide by their doctrines or beliefs about marriage, sexual behavior, and the distinction between the sexes. The Equality Act would inhibit faith-based charities’ ability to operate.
- The Equality Act could be the most pro-abortion legislation to pass the House in a decade. The changes would essentially create an abortion mandate…this also jeopardizes long-standing federal conscience laws that protect those opposed to abortion. The Hyde Amendment, which prohibits taxpayer funding for abortion, would also be in jeopardy.
- The Equality Act shamefully attempts to usurp the civil rights movement’s history and legacy. In no way are one’s sexual conduct and inclinations equivalent to skin color. Suggesting or implying as much diminishes the hard-fought gains of this movement. Indeed, scientific evidence shows that “sexual orientation” is quite fluid and that “gender identity” is not fixed.
- The Equality Act mandates an anti-life, anti-family, and anti-faith agenda upon all Americans. You can read FRC Action’s entire article and contact your U.S. Representative by clicking here. God knew what He was doing when He created us, male and female.