Big Tech Deactivate Thousands of Conservative Social Media Accounts in One Day—as President Biden Took Office
As President Biden took office in January 2021, social media accounts of Trump supporters were canceled by Big Tech. Facebook, Twitter suspended 70,000 accounts linked to QAnon. Parler shutdown and Trump allies banned from their platforms.
The five “Big Tech” Amazon, Google, YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter have expanded to include “woke companies” such as Apple, Deutsche Bank, Shopify, GoFundMe, Reddit, and PayPal. They canceled Trump’s account as well.
PragerU, an academic conservative outlet exposing left-liberal agenda, claims Orwell’s Big Tech is silencing conservative voices. Yet abortion, porn, and violent Marxist-BLM group uncancelled by the moral grandstanding.
I’m not sure if this is due to mass-nuking of conservative accounts by Twitter, conservatives leaving the platform voluntarily in protest of the Trump ban, or some combination of both, but accounts with large conservative followers are seeing a massive plunge in follower counts: pic.twitter.com/I7sC8WNnRj— Glenn Greenwald (@ggreenwald) January 9, 2021
List of Conservatives canceled by Big Tech as Biden took office on January 2021
- Trump’s Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and other social media platforms were suspended for misinformation. The sitting President allegedly encouraged violence on January 8, 2021.
- Behold Israel’s Amir Tsarfati claims in this video he lost thousands of followers on January 8, 2021.
- Pro-Trump commentator Steve Cioccolanti claims he lost 3000 Twitter followers within hours on January 8, 2021.
- Newsmax editor Dr. David Samadi said, “I’ve lost 4,000 followers” on January 8, 2021.
- Author and journalist Mollie Hemingway lost 48,000 followers on Twitter. The Federalist, which she co-founded, lost 18,000 followers in the week of January 8, 2021.
- Journalist Tucker Carlson, a known critic of BIG TECH, lost 86,000 followers on Twitter. Daily Caller, which he co-founded, lost about 30,000 followers in the week of January 8, 2021.
- Outspoken conservatives James Woods lost 15,000, and actress Kirstie Alley lost 9,000 followers in one day.
- Critical of democrat-liberals, Rep. Matt Gaetz lost about 60,000 followers on January 8, 2021.
- Twitter suspends pro-Trump conservative commentators Michelle Malkin, Gateway Pundit, Right Side Broadcasting Network Accounts on January 20, 2021.
Twitter double standard
Mainstream media bias
News anchor Megyn Kelly believes the media should blame its alleged role in giving rise to the Capitol riot by a pro-Trump mob.
Furios ex-President sues Big Tech
On July 7, 2021, Trump announced he is suing Facebook, Twitter, and Google for bias. Among his claims include the Big Tech giants labeling his tweets and posts misinformation.
What appears is a concerted effort to take him down by deactivating his Facebook, Twitter, and Google accounts over his claims of election fraud. However, his camp lacked evidence to support the claim.